Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Woohoo - ColourQ!


I love ColourQ challenge day. The combinations they choose are always so fun. Sometimes I find it a tad difficult to get all the colours in there, but that's part of the 'excitement'. It forces me to try something I wouldn't normally do.

This week's excitement was Melon Mambo, Tangerine Tango, Pool Party, Basic Black, and White. YES!

Friends of ours just had a baby. Well... a month ago. But we've been sick and busy and haven't had a chance yet to go visit them since they've been home from the hospital. We will be seeing them this weekend and I made this card to give them. They are a little non-traditional (likely part of the reason we love them so much), so I didn't want to make a pastel-laden 'sweet' baby card.

congratulations
(CQC97)

Materials -
Paper :: "Maddi Paisley" by MakingMemories
Cardstock :: Pool Party (Su), Pink, White, B&W polka dots
Ink :: Pool Party (SU), Calypso Coral (SU)
Stamps :: "Congratulations" from the Congrats set (SU)
Etc :: Random buttons (that match Pool Party so wonderfully!),
Scallop edge border punch

Luckily the patterned paper had some 'tangerine' in it, because apparently I don't own anything that colour! Must. Rectify. That.

More party planning tonight...

-tb:oxo

No comments:

Post a Comment