Thursday, August 4, 2011

Le Sigh - A Lesson in Mediocrity

Sometimes things just don't work out, you know? And what can you do about it other than learn?

Is this card a disaster? No, I don't think so... But it's not one of my favourites by any means. Regardless, I will post it and chalk it up to a lesson learned.

Lesson = Sometimes I'll make a card that doesn't meet my own standards, but I should accept that and keep moving on.

Birthday Card for a lovely caregiver (Thought her birthday was this Sunday, turns out it's not for another month! I guess I have to thank Facebook for that one!):
Materials -
*Burgundy text is Stampin' Up! product line
Paper :: "Maddi Paisley" by MakingMemories
Cardstock :: Pink & White - random
Ink :: Groovy Guava
Stamps :: "Wish Big" from the Short & Sweet set, and "All in the Family" set
Etc :: Pearls, Taffeta ribbon, Dimensionals, Scallop Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch

I've recently discovered my love for "challenges"! It's weird, normally I don't like to relinquish control over creativity, but at the same time, sometimes I'm overwhelmed by my options. Having a particular challenge to fulfill keeps me focused and 'on task'.

I think I might try my hand at this ColourQ challenge. Beautiful combination, eh?

I will have to consult my August card list and see if I need anything that this colour combination would fit appropriately. (wedding, perhaps?)

Thinking about it...

-tb:oxo

No comments:

Post a Comment