Thursday, August 11, 2011

Let's Play!

My kid makes me laugh every day. We're in the midst of planning his birthday party for Saturday (fingers crossed that I've dotted all my i's and crossed all my t's!). The other day, he was looking through all the bags that we had stuff stored in, and I said "hey, stop snooping!"... The poor little man thought I said something else and got this really sad pouty face and said:

"Mommy..... don't call me stupid".

I felt badly, but I couldn't help but laugh. Does that make me a bad mother? ;) I told him that I didn't call him stupid (and in fact, we don't say that word at all) and we were OK again.

The joys of having children far outweigh any negativity or bitterness in the world. I'm grateful every day for my family and my children (born and unborn!).


So, in the baby mood, I made a baby card today for the Play Date Cafe challenge. As soon as I saw the colours, I thought it screamed baby. Odd, since the colours aren't traditionally "baby" colours.

But what a wonderfully rich palette, no? Who can resist? Fudge, Goldenrod and Teal. Yum.



Welcome Baby
(PDCC94)

Materials -
Paper :: More Mustard Designer Series Paper (SU)
Cardstock :: Taken with Teal (SU), White
Ink :: Chocolate Chip (SU)
Stamps :: "Welcome Baby" from the Short & Sweet Set (SU)
Etc :: Wooden lion, Chocolate ribbon, Scallop edge border punch

This was a clean and simple card - and sometimes I really enjoy those.

Enjoying the calm before the (birthday party) storm...

-tb:oxo

7 comments:

  1. What an adorable card with an equally adorable post!! No worries about the size of the thumbnail over in our gallery...we come see them individually!! So happy to have you play along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, it is so cute. I really like the size of your card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww...love the story about your little guy! Super cute card, great font on the sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, those colors definitely work for a baby! What a cute little lion. :) THanks for playing with us at The Play Date CAfe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That lion is soooo cute and these colors look fab for a baby card, love the card size :) Thanks for playing this week at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect way to use these colors - they look fab for the lion and he's great on that spot of teal. Thanks so much for playing along at The Play Date Cafe this week.

    ReplyDelete