Thursday, September 15, 2011

ScareEasy Challenge #2

It's time for me to challenge myself again. Last week, I posted about missing art, and as a result was starting my own weekly challenges to myself. You can read more about that here.

So today, I bring you challenge #2.



Male and Female - Jackson Pollock
Jackson Pollock is an American painter, and considered the commanding figure of the Abstract Expressionist movement. The reasons I love Pollock are all summed up quite nicely in this quote by him from 1947:

"On the floor I am more at ease, I feel nearer, more a part of the painting, since this way I can walk around in it, work from the four sides and be literally `in' the painting."

Although the painting I chose is traditionally un-Pollock (in that it's more visually representative), the colours are style that are so often associated to him are still apparent.

And, as a fun little aside, if you visit this site, you can create your own Pollock-esque art with just the click of your mouse :) Scroll around and left-click to change colours. It's awesome, I promise.


Congratulations
(SE#2)

No supplies were harmed in the making of this card!
Cardstock :: Whisper White (SU), Pool Party (SU), Pumpkin (?)
Paper :: "Beyond the Garden" DSP (SU), More Mustard DSP (SU), 
"Pocketful of Posies" DSP (SU), Black quilted paper (?)
Stamps :: "Congratulations" from Congrats set (SU)
Ink :: Pool Party (SU)
Embellishments :: Black embroidery floss
Tools :: Dimensionals (SU)



Hope you enjoyed :) If you want to play along with me, please do! Leave me a message in the comments - I'd love to check out your blog and see if art inspired you at all!

-tb:oxo

No comments:

Post a Comment