Thursday, September 29, 2011

Enjoy!

As soon as I saw the colours for this week's Play Date Cafe challenge, I immediately thought of the Well Worn DSP from SU. They were perfect! So rich and masculine. Even the way the books are lined up in the colour story, and the 'stripes' of colour samples.

Any excuse to use those papers, and the "Have a Seat" stamp set make me happy :)

This week: Wine...Smudge...Leather...Parchment
 

Isn't it gorgeous?! It reminds me of the library in "Beauty and the Beast"... And makes me long for a wall full of books, with a wicked ladder on wheels :)

Someday, maybe!


Enjoy
 
(PDCC 101)


No supplies were harmed in the making of this card!

Cardstock :: Very Vanilla (SU)
Paper :: "Well Worn" DSP (SU)
Stamp :: "Have a Seat" (SU)
Ink :: Blue Bayou (SU)
Embellishments :: Satin ribbon, metal letters
Tools ::
Decorative label punch (SU), Dimensionals (SU)


The other day I went down to my crafty corner of the basement, and found this little note. I have a shelf where I put the "latest" cards that I have made... I only keep the ones there from the last time I stamped, so sometimes there's just 1 card, sometimes there are a few. When I reached up to the shelf to take down the older cards and put up my new one, this is what I saw:


oxo - I have an awesome husband - oxo

In other news, Hunter and I made the most delicious dessert for tonight's dinner. Which is good, because dinner itself was less than stellar :P I was craving chili, so we made that, but it was incredibly dry and bland. Normally I throw in some beef brother, which I forgot tonight, so maybe that was the problem. Needless to say, the Apple Gingerbread that was had post-"dry chili" was well worth suffering through the main course for.

Off for a second serving... (of the deliciousness, not the dry)

-tb:oxo

5 comments:

  1. Awww - your husband really is sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, I agree, one fab hubby!! Cool cards too!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...I think he deserves a special card!!! Fun card for the challenge...great little chair image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card...love the distressing and the awesome papers...and that hubby definitely deserves an extra squeeze! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! I love your letters--they look amazing on your ribbon! LOVE that you hubby left you a sweet note. Love is a great thing:) Great job with your challenge colors!! THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete