Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A ColourQ challenge and a lesson in patience

I'm trying to do anything and everything to keep my mind off the fact that baby hasn't arrived.

So, after folding laundry, a game of Chinese crib, and an elaborately prepared lunch, and 7 written thank-you cards, I decided to participate in a challenge :)

I followed the ColourQ challenge this week: Pool Party, Lucky Limeade, Orchid Opulence, Rich Razzleberry and White.

Their inspirational image, as always, was gorgeous. I sometimes find that using all the colours is difficult - especially when you're staring at an object that has done it so effortlessly!

Anywho, here is my take on the palette!

Wish Big
 (CQC101)

No supplies were harmed in the making of this card!
Cardstock :: Lucky Limeade (SU), Pool Party (SU), Wisteria Wonder (SU), Whisper White (SU)
Paper :: "Pocketful of Posies" DSP - Rich Razzleberry (SU)
Stamps :: Sweet Summer (SU)
Ink :: Lucky Limeade (SU), Wisteria Wonder (SU)
Embellishments :: $1 Ribbon, Pearl Dots (MS)
Tools ::
Dimensionals (SU)
Finished Size :: 6 1/4" x 3"

Hoping everyone out there is enjoying the last few days of summer! It's certainly feeling like fall around here. It feels like just yesterday I went to the library with my little kiddo and got a book about making apple cider...

-tb:oxo

3 comments:

  1. This is very pretty! I love the images you have used here & the layered punched squares. Thanks so much for playing at CQC this week (and for following my blog, how nice!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree that these colors were a challenge to work with, but you have managed to make something so pretty with them!! so glad you ecided to join us at the ColourQ!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love "trios" so this card stood out to me right away! So glad you were able to play with the CQC this week!

    ReplyDelete