Sunday, January 4, 2009

The New Year

Happy 2009!

Although I don't have any new finished projects to show - I do have a little bit of a Work In Progress.

I started knitting this on Boxing Day (Dec. 26) for my son. He loves to be swaddled, but tends to pull the blankets up over his face - not good! - so, I'm making him this little sleep sack. The hood will be left off, and it will be made a bit longer than is should be (he's so big!).

Here is an 'in the works' shot. It is my first attempt at Fair Isle knitting, and although I was warned that it would be really difficult, I LOVE it. I had so much fun doing it, and after looking back through all the stitches, it appears as if I only fudged up a bit once. Woohoo!.

Pattern is from the Purl Bee which is where I seem to get most of the patterns I work on. The inside shot is crazy! Now I can truly appreciate all the work that went into those Nordic sweaters my mom used to make for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment