Saturday, January 10, 2009

Card, Knitting

I've finished a hat for my sister-in-law - and it came out pretty well. It is a basic beanie with a *fancy* trim on it, and took no time at all (these are the projects I like - limited amount of time to create them and nice end result!)















I'll be giving it to her tonight, and am crossing my fingers that she'll like it, and that it'll fit.

My birthday came and went, and it was an awesome day. My mom sent me some money, which I spent almost immediately on some nicer yarn that I might not have purchased on my own.


Purchases:
- Madil Eden 100% Bamboo in black
- Misti Alpalca 100% Baby Alpalca (hand dyed lace) in sugar sand
- Tahki Cotton Classic in dark teal


I came home and made myself a pair of fingerless mitts out of the bamboo. They were based on the Greenaway Fingerless Glove pattern that I did previously, however... I did a small rib cuff and then strait stockinette stitch instead of a 1x1 rib pattern throughout. I love the feel of them and how the yarn falls, but they turned out a bit big in the wrist (this is probably where the 1x1 ribbing would have helped).


And last but not least -- Thursday was my mother-in-laws 50th birthday, so I made her this card. I've just started making cards, and I'm having a lot of fun with it!


No comments:

Post a Comment