Thursday, January 29, 2009

Slow Going

Things have been progressing slowly these days. I'm getting daunted by the big projects, and keep casting on new small ones.

NEW:
Bath Puff: I really had fun with this, it was so quick and fun to do. I've read a few reviews that says it doesn't lather and it difficult to use, but I wanted to knit it for the sake of knitting it. We'll see how it goes when I try and use it.

January Fingerless Gloves:
These fingerless mitts are done in Lett-Lopi wool. I can't help but love it - the whole time I'm knitting I am thinking of those awesome pure Icelandic sheep. I would give almost anything to go to Iceland! Anyway... The colour is called "Garnet" and Garnet is the birthday stone for January (and happens to be MY birth stone). It was a simple cast-on-40-stitches kind of thing, no pattern. Unfortunately, they are a little baggy, which is not the way I like my mitts.

Still On the Needles:
Radiating Star Blanket: I'd say this is about 60% done now. It's going alright, and I really enjoy how it's an easy knit, but it's SO long... it feels like I'm never going to finish it. I think I've come to the conclusion that I like doing the "big" part first... Starting with 8 stitches and ended with 300 or whatever seems like it's getting harder as you go (like a hill getting steeper as you climb it). I like working the other way. From 300 to 8!

Hunter's Snuggle Sack: This is going ever slower than the blanket. My mom is coming for two nights, and I'm really hoping that I can bribe her to help me plow through. Maybe I'll hand her the Snuggle Sack, and I'll grab the Radiating Star Blanket, and we can sit and drink tea until they are done. Maybe. :)

Mellow Mittens: I cast these on last night, and have since almost finished one of them. I LOVE stripes, I love yellow, and I love this wool. I've never knit a mitt before, and am slightly concerned about the thumb.... but I'm going to give it a go.



No comments:

Post a Comment