Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day

With a 2.5 year old, every day is mother's day! Little bug is so giving, so loving, so caring and bright. Just watching him be him is gift and joy every day.

Except at dinner time. But forget that for now.

Mother's Day started with me getting to 'sleep in'. Bug got up early to make me some coffee to bring in bed (I suspect dad helped a little), and then he gave me this awesome prezzie (from Epicure - good job dad!!):
(top to bottom: 3 Onion Dip Mix, Cheese Chive & Bacon Dip, Lemon Dill Dip Mix)

Then we headed over to my in-laws and had a fantastic brunch.

All in all it was a glorious day. I couldn't help but feel a nagging inside me though, that was quite clearly due to the lack of my own mother being beside me. But I did bookend my day with calls to her. One first thing in the morning, one last thing at night! I sure miss her, but am so grateful she's the kind of mom that could talk to me every night if I happened to call her that often.

In a word a conjunction and a word: She's awesome.

I made this card for Mrs. B. I made a card for my mom too, but I can't post that until I give it to her when she's here on the 21st!


Hope everyone else had a fantastic Mother's Day as well.

-tb:xox

No comments:

Post a Comment