Sunday, May 1, 2011

It's a Girl!

So, it's time to come out with it! We're expecting baby #2... And we're expecting it to be a girl! ;)

Let me preface this post with the following statement: I have never been a girly-girl. Try as my mother might, I wouldn't wear pink. I rarely played with Barbie's, I didn't have long hair (yes, I was a victim of the 'mushroom cut'), I wouldn't be caught dead in a sundress, and I never fell for the Boy Band crazy (New Kids On The Block or Backstreet Boys)

However, as a juxtaposition, I had an entirely pink room (what the?!), liked the sound of my mom's sewing machine, and loved cooking/baking with my grandma.

Now as an adult, I tend to embrace my femininity a little more. And I quite enjoy it. I like to wear my pearls and high heels sometimes, and revel in the fact that I can wear my (long) hair in a different style for an entire month without repeating a 'do'. Albeit, that is something I have yet to try, but I'm sure it's possible!

The promise I make to my unborn daughter is this: I will force you to be girly for as long as I can. You do, however, have an older brother who is all boy, so I suspect I'll be losing you along the lines someplace - but that's OK too. :)

In the process of daydreaming about the little lady's new nursery, I've put together a little theme board, of what I hope will be the inspiration for a fantastic little girls "Tea Party" bedroom.

Little Girl, we anxiously await your arrival.


Left to right (top to bottom):
1. DIY Doily Lamp - from More Design Please
2. 3 Piece Tea Party Felt Cakes - from onenonly88 on Etsy
3. Wallpaper - from Vintage Wallpaper
4. Teatime Reusable Fabric Wall Decals - from lovemaestore on Etsy
5. Royal Wedding Celebration Silver-look Tea Set - from maniareminiatures on Etsy
6. Vintage Beauty Sunsuit in Strawberry Soiree - from CharmingNecessities on Etsy
7. JJ Baby Moses Basket - from Babies 'R' Us

-tb:xox

No comments:

Post a Comment