Sunday, June 26, 2011

Oh, the cards!

More cards... It might seem like I do nothing but make cards these days. Well, that's certainly true of the last week anyways!

Thought I'd start stockpiling thank-you cards for the summer. Baby Girl is due in September, and the generosity of others is already starting to pour in, in forms of gifts, well-wishes and (of course) advice. Nevermind that we've already done this, apparently you need different kind of advice for the opposite gender ; )

The design for this card came from Dawn over at Stampin' Up. LOVE her videos and cards... They are always so interesting and new. So I figured I'd give it a shot:


Outside:



Inside:


Materials
:: Paper - Anne Griffin
:: Stamp - "thanks so much" from Stampin' Up (borrowed from a friend)
:: Cardstock - White and pink from my stash...


And this was a very simple one for my uncle who I got to visit today (that I very rarely see!), who brought a little gift for Baby Girl.




Materials
:: Paper - "Halloween Playful Paisley" from Doodlebug Design
:: Stamps - "Thank You" from a random set from Michael's, and a filigree from Hero Arts.
:: Cardstock - purple sparkles and white, both from my stash...



If you haven't noticed, I don't go fancy when it comes to cardstock.

Sorry about the quality of these shots... camera is broken, so I'm relying on blackberry and dim lighting.

In other news, yesterday was our anniversary. It was our first anniversary, so I was lucky enough to work with the "paper" tradition of gift. I will post pictures of the gift at some point, but I would like to get good ones first!

Up next on the schedule, a whack-load of birthday cards for July (nephew, kid's friend, hubby, sister-in-law, and father-in-law), and some fun outtings with the kiddo!! :)

At some point very soon, I should definitely decide on a birthday party theme for H.Bo. I would like to make most of the decorations/games/etc, so the sooner I start on it the better!

Oh... And this last card is another from Dawn - the ever-so-awesome waterfall card (Check out her tutorial, it's easier than it looks!) This is for our caregiver's daughter for her 7th birthday:



Materials
:: Paper - "Euphoria" by Basic Grey and "Irish Eyes" by Bazzil Basics (green cardstock)
:: Stamps - "It's Your Birthday", Cakes, Candles and "Happy Birthday" balloon from Hero Arts
:: Cardstock - Purple sparkles from Recollections (Michaels)
:: Ribbon - Purple double face satin from Elan
:: Buttons - From my stash...


-tb:xox

No comments:

Post a Comment