Monday, September 27, 2010

These are Apple Days!

This morning was dedicated to apples! Oh, glorious, glorious apples... Apple pies, apple crisp, apple sauce, apple juice, apple syrup... wait, what? That's right, apple syrup.

Luckily, in my lazy internet browsing one day, I ran across this little post over on "Sunny Side Up". It got my head racing. Apple Syrup - seriously, why not?

So today I set out trying it for myself. I sense another pancake day approaching quicker than I had initially intended!


And how do you get all those apple peels? You make apple sauce and apple juice. H.Bo LOVES natural apple juice. I boil apple chunks in a pot of water to get them tender enough to puree into apple sauce, then the leftover water from boiling is strained and frozen. No sugar added, and he gulps it down like crazy. Ahhhh, simple and satisfying:

No comments:

Post a Comment